Supernatural Season 12 - SPOILERS

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

Re: Supernatural Season 12 - SPOILERS

Postby Gary » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:26 am

Kind of a neat filler episode. I had to laugh when the waitress at the bar felt the need to apologize for taking advantage of Dean, thinking he had been "roofied". :lol: :lol:
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:31 am

Yeah, the waitress was funny. :lol:

But this was actually kind of a touching episode about Alzheimer's Disease. It's not often that Supernatural does deeper meanings, so I'm wondering if this was about somebody in particular, maybe a parent of one of the writers or producers. I was almost expecting to see a dedication at the end.

Interesting standalone story, too. No Mom or Cass, but a nice guest role for Rowena. She wanted to get back at the other witches for the mistreatment of a hundred years ago, but she wasn't quite up to it. Good thing Dean showed up-- even with Alzheimer's, he figured out what to do. I was a little surprised that Sam said they owed her one at the end, since Dean saved her bacon.

And it certainly had its touching moments. Dean, standing in front of the mirror, trying to hold on to his most basic memories; Sam, saying that watching Dean lose himself was worse than watching him die. How many people have had to go through that?

And then there's that Grimoire. I wonder if anything will come of that.
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:48 am

Oh, I think that Grimoire will return later. I was impressed that even with losing his memory, Dean was still a crack shot.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:24 pm

Apparently his muscle memory was okay. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:35 pm

New episode tonight! :bounce:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:50 pm

Wowie. This was a good one.

Another Yellow-Eyed Demon-- and now we know what they are, and how many more there are (and they probably won't be happy about Ramiel-- can't wait to meet Dagon). The Colt returns. We get a little flashback that adds insight into how Crowley became King of Hell. Crowley saves the day in general and Cass in particular. And... is that Lucifer in the cage?

The only disturbing thing was Mom Winchester's deepening involvement with the British MOL. I have a feeling that this is what will be the death of her. She not only lied to the boys about the real reason for the mission, but she didn't fess up when it looked like Ramiel would kill them all.

And Cass got all mushy when he thought he was going to die. Aww. :sweetlove:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:42 am

I had forgotten about the Colt and, I agree, this was a great episode. I thought Castiel would die due to "celestial consequences". I'm surprised they haven't encountered any more angels that were cast from Heaven. I also wonder which angel Michael wanted to suffer.
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:12 am

I wasn't even thinking about the celestial consequences, or I would have been more worried about Cass. But I think the celestial consequences are more likely to involve a horde of vengeful Reapers.

I assumed the Angel that Michael wanted to suffer was Lucifer, but there could be another story about to unfold.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:00 pm

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:03 pm

Hey, Pembroke. And Andover. :lol:

Well, that was pretty good for the most part, but resolved a bit quickly and cavalierly. Why did nobody raise the possibility of bringing Fiona forward in time? It would have accomplished the same thing and nobody would have to die. And, yes, we do have our Classic Lucifer back-- although he seemed a bit subdued.

And I knew Dagon would be showing up pretty soon. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:41 am

Yes, not too bad of an episode. I don't think they had the right kind of spell to pluck Fiona into the future (although the way the spell started working made me think it was). I'm not surprised Lucifer is subdued considering he's chained in the same material as The Cage. I'm curious to know why the "super demons" have an interest in his child.
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:50 pm

When Fiona appeared next to Gavin, I also thought Rowena had finessed the spell to bring her forward. I was kind of disappointed when they both disappeared.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:05 pm

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:23 pm

You know, I've always found the Fred Flinstone-style beard comical, but that BMOL guy takes it to a whole new level. :lol:

Well, that was quite interesting. The BMOL were humbled-- at least boss man was-- and Sam was impressed enough to sign on. And maybe Dean. He did seem to find some common ground with Mr Fetch-- although he didn't approve of his methods (interestingly, Fetch seemed to approve of Dean's). And the Alpha Vampire is dead.

But there's still a wrongness about the BMOL, and I think it goes back to the "old men" in charge. I think we'll meet them soon, and it won't be a happy experience.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:35 pm

I'm wondering if Dean will sign on and the show will end up with a concluding epilogue with how Sam and Dean were able to bring on more US hunters. The conclusion would state the combined organization, supplied with better weapons, eliminated monsters from the North American continent. It would leave open the possibility they either retired or decided to move world-wide.

Still interesting that nothing more has been said about the current state of affairs in Heaven.
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Ever since they learned about the Men of Letters and that they are Legacies, I've wanted them to reform the MOL as a hybrid Hunters-MOL group. But I don't really want them letting the British MOL move in. Those guys are just too dicey. Maybe once they get rid of the British MOL they will realize that America needs its own MOL and start moving in that direction.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:31 pm

New episode tonight. :bounce:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:16 pm

It's interesting that Dean is open to accepting assignments from the BMoL, but what's more amazing is how Crowley really is 10-steps ahead of Lucifer. I found it odd that Lucifer could vaporize two demon henchmen but didn't try to do so to Crowley. I'm guessing it depends on the strength of the entity, much like when the Winchesters try the usual bag of tricks against Dark Knights. Lucifer sure is screwed since he's trapped in a warded meat suit.

I'm thinking we should be seeing Kelly and Dagon in the next episode.

I can't believe I missed this Easter Egg!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:02 pm

^^ That cracked me up, even though I dislike the whole Negan thing. But I thought it was a nice nod to their old co-star.

Poor Baby really took a beating. Before Chuck left, he should have enchanted her against harm-- there must already be an enchantment that allows her to drive back and forth across the United States in a matter of hours.

The molecular-level warding was a really nice twist that I should have seen coming. If Crowley rebuilt Lucy's body, of course he would build in safeguards. There's probably a few more surprises coming from that direction. But I thought it was a little odd that the Ramsey plot was so random. When Crowley said that she was only loyal to Lucifer, I expected her to come to his rescue, yet the two plots never intersected. And for a Hell Hound she took damage pretty easily from an inexperienced camper; and died pretty easily for that matter. Still, this was a good episode, with a few cute moments. "He seems nice." :lol:

Gary wrote: I found it odd that Lucifer could vaporize two demon henchmen but didn't try to do so to Crowley. I'm guessing it depends on the strength of the entity, much like when the Winchesters try the usual bag of tricks against Dark Knights.

I assumed it was because Lucifer doesn't want Crowley dead. He wants him alive so he can torture and humiliate him. Or maybe the wards include restrictions against him harming Crowley.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:30 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:^^ That cracked me up, even though I dislike the whole Negan thing. But I thought it was a nice nod to their old co-star.

Poor Baby really took a beating. Before Chuck left, he should have enchanted her against harm-- there must already be an enchantment that allows her to drive back and forth across the United States in a matter of hours.

The molecular-level warding was a really nice twist that I should have seen coming. If Crowley rebuilt Lucy's body, of course he would build in safeguards. There's probably a few more surprises coming from that direction. But I thought it was a little odd that the Ramsey plot was so random. When Crowley said that she was only loyal to Lucifer, I expected her to come to his rescue, yet the two plots never intersected. And for a Hell Hound she took damage pretty easily from an inexperienced camper; and died pretty easily for that matter. Still, this was a good episode, with a few cute moments. "He seems nice." :lol:

Gary wrote: I found it odd that Lucifer could vaporize two demon henchmen but didn't try to do so to Crowley. I'm guessing it depends on the strength of the entity, much like when the Winchesters try the usual bag of tricks against Dark Knights.

I assumed it was because Lucifer doesn't want Crowley dead. He wants him alive so he can torture and humiliate him. Or maybe the wards include restrictions against him harming Crowley.

Well, he didn't know he was warded at the time, so I'm guessing he would prefer to torture Crowley for a few millennia. As for the hell hound's "quick" death, Sam did kill her with an Angle blade, so that does make sense. Like you, I thought she was coming to Lucifer's aid. I chalk that up to some great writing when we saw the door handle rocking back and forth as he was anxiously watching to see who would walk through.
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:58 pm

True, that did make for a good red herring. And that's true about the Angel blade, but the woman was able to fight her off at the campground and escape, which was pretty surprising.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Looks like the group won't be returning until next week.
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Actually, at least according to Wiki, March 30th is the next episode.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:25 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:Actually, at least according to Wiki, March 30th is the next episode.

:blush:
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:48 pm

:peekaboo:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

PreviousNext

Return to Television, Movies, and YouTube