Once Upon A Time- Season 6- SPOILERS!

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

Re: Once Upon A Time- Season 6- SPOILERS!

Postby RJDiogenes » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:12 pm

True. :loopy:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:18 pm

New episode tonight!
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:38 pm

I wonder if we'll learn more about Tiger Lily's involvement in the Final Battle.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:06 pm

Zelena was rather easily baited in this episode. Interesting take on the tin man character, along with the cowardly lion. Like Regina used to be, Zelena is often her own worst enemy. Emma and Hook's wedding plans almost went into elopement territory with Snow's over-preparation and Charming's (initially) unusually malcontented attitude. He was right though: this is not a good time for a wedding. Zelena redeemed herself in spectacular fashion at the end and hopefully Regina will finally get off her case as she has been overly harsh and unfair towards her most of the season.
Now it looks like the Blue Fairy might have some dirt on the Black Fairy. :unsure:
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:31 pm

No Once Upon A Time on On Demand. And they had been doing better lately.

Nice to hear that Zelena has redeemed herself. That seems to be the one consistent theme of the show (even if some people have to do it over and over).

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:35 pm

Well, Zelena seems to have turned the tide-- Black Fairy was pretty much rolling on without opposition until she reverted the crystals. I was slightly surprised and very relieved that she survived. I thought for sure she was done for, especially when she made Regina promise to take care of the baby. I wonder if we'll see more of the Cowardly Lion and the poor Tin Woodsman. That was kind of a halfhearted reimagining of the characters and seemed a bit anticlimactic.

And did it seem more Winterish at Zelena's house than it did everywhere else? :lol:

Snow White and Prince Charming arguing about the wedding was slightly sitcommish. :tv:

And speaking of the baby, if the next season features an adult Henry, I wonder if that ten-year-old girl will be Robin.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:34 pm

New episode tonight!

:broomstick:
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:30 pm

I wonder if the Tin Woodsman will be saved.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Mon May 01, 2017 2:57 pm

^Or even if he'll ever be mentioned again. :unsure:

Despite that dangling, unresolved thread this was a good episode. Rumpy was apparently born to be a Savior (though to be fair that does seem to be an overused plot point this season). The Black Fairy seems to have gone down much of the same path as Rumpy did with Bae; learning of a threat, going to extraordinary lengths to protect their children, and ultimately succumbing to the temptations of power.
Zelena continues to adapt to her new powerless state, battling Ikea and learning to drive. Regina's plan to evacuate her, Robin, and Henry to New York for the Final Battle is a good one. The best part of the episode was Zelena running down the Black Fairy during her aborted duel with Regina. Yeah, she'll fit into New York just fine :lol: .
Once again though Rumpy disappoints in failing to dispatch with the Black Fairy and leaving all with the impression that he did. :no:
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Mon May 01, 2017 10:10 pm

Rumpy is a failed savior? That's an interesting twist. And it's starting to sound more and more likely that Henry and Robin are the young man and the young girl in the possible new format next season.

But, of course, the new episode did not appear on On Demand (and the last couple disappeared).

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Mon May 01, 2017 10:19 pm

^Have you tried ABC's website?
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Mon May 01, 2017 10:38 pm

I tried it once and it froze up on me. I forget if that was before or after I got my Kindle, though. I'll check later tonight.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Tue May 02, 2017 9:11 pm

It appeared today-- although last week is still gone. :lol:

Well, Rumpy as a potential savior was quite an interesting twist, although the magic scissors put an end to that-- which, I suppose, explains why the two prophecies are in conflict. I guess Fiona's search for a baby with a half-moon scar was a Harry Potter homage and it was an ironic twist that it appeared on her own hand. She isn't quite a Dark One, I don't think, so that scar is her version of scaly skin, marking her as evil (along with the black fairy wings)-- I'm sure the producers have no desire to put scaly skin on such a pretty actress. I wonder if we will learn what became of Rumpy's father. Or do we know that already and I've just forgotten.

So Zelena has learned how to drive-- it's easier when you try to hit things-- and has instructions to take Henry and Robyn to New York. I wonder if this is foreshadowing the rumored new format.

And now Rumpy actually seems to be conspiring with the Black Fairy. Has the revelations of her past changed his mind or is he playing her? And did Gideon really get his heart back or is he still under her control?

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Wed May 03, 2017 3:05 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:I wonder if we will learn what became of Rumpy's father. Or do we know that already and I've just forgotten.

He abandoned Rumpy to become Peter Pan.

RJDiogenes wrote:And now Rumpy actually seems to be conspiring with the Black Fairy. Has the revelations of her past changed his mind or is he playing her? And did Gideon really get his heart back or is he still under her control?

I'm hoping he's playing her for some reason- though it probably would be hard to kill your own mother even if she's evil.
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Wed May 03, 2017 9:35 pm

Lupine wrote:He abandoned Rumpy to become Peter Pan.

Duh. Peter Pan. Of course.

I'm hoping he's playing her for some reason- though it probably would be hard to kill your own mother even if she's evil.

Especially after he got the full story.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Wed May 03, 2017 10:42 pm

On a side note, I found a couple of website that seem to think Once Upon A Time will get another season- albeit re-tooled.
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu May 04, 2017 9:45 pm

At this point, I'm moderately confident that the show will be renewed, but probably at the cost of a lot of characters.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Sun May 07, 2017 3:08 pm

New episode tonight!

And it's musical.

:scared: :singing:
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun May 07, 2017 9:23 pm

I know you're not happy, so I'll muffle my enthusiasm. :D

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Mon May 08, 2017 3:23 pm

It's odd that I tend not to like episodes like this. I generally like musicals like Singing in the Rain, Gigi, and the like. Watching this I think it was the mood whiplash that was the most jarring. It went from like...

We're going to destroy you!
:slugger: :slugger: :slugger:

to "Musical interlude!"
:dancer: :singing: :dancer:

OK, we're back to destroying you!
:slugger: :slugger: :slugger:

For a while I was wondering if was going to turn out to be a dream of Snow's, but it wasn't and at least they tied it into the aborted fight with the Black Fairy. It also would have been nice if someone would have remembered the Black Fairy's curse before doing the wedding.
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby Lupine » Mon May 08, 2017 3:59 pm

And I just came across this article stating that Jennifer Morrison is leaving. :unsure:
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Mon May 08, 2017 10:26 pm

That's a shocker. :mellow: In that article about the retooling, they said that the only four characters they would bring back are Emma, Hook, Regina, and Gold. Everybody else-- including Henry and the Charmings-- would be gone. I wonder if this means that Hook is screwed, because he's pretty much there because of Emma.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Mon May 08, 2017 10:32 pm

I wonder if it will effect ABC's decision whether to re-new or not. :unsure:
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Tue May 09, 2017 10:06 pm

It may. She's pretty much the star of the show, although Rumpy, Regina, and Hook are also very popular.

Anyway, that was a lot of fun. "My voice just soars, I had no idea it could, now I’m singing out-- and, man, do I sound good!" :lol:

I always get a kick out of how the singing spells always come with choreography and smash-cut scene changes at no extra charge. Regina in particular really got around from lyric to lyric, although Zelena did pretty good too. Apparently Rumpy and Henry cannot sing, because they dodged giving him a song and Henry had one line at the end, and he sounded something like I would have. :lol:

But you can't go wrong with corny love songs and evil witch Rock'n'Roll and drunken pirate yo-ho-ho chanteys. I just get a big kick out of the stylized exposition and characterization of a musical-- plus the way everybody's vocabulary increases. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Tue May 09, 2017 10:10 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:Apparently Rumpy and Henry cannot sing, because they dodged giving him a song and Henry had one line at the end, and he sounded something like I would have. :lol:

I liked Rumple saying he'd rather dig his eye out with a rusty fork than sing. I sympathize. :lol:
Lupine
Consul
Consul

PreviousNext

Return to Television, Movies, and YouTube