Once Upon A Time- Season 6- SPOILERS!

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

Re: Once Upon A Time- Season 6- SPOILERS!

Postby RJDiogenes » Tue May 09, 2017 10:15 pm

Me, too. At least when anyone's listening. :lol:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri May 12, 2017 9:58 pm

It's now official: Once Upon A Time has been renewed. Though it will be a very different show apparently. In addition to Emma, Zelena has confirmed that she won't be back. As far as I know, at this point, the only returnees will be Regina, Gold, and Hook. And the two new characters introduced in the finale.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Fri May 12, 2017 10:32 pm

I'm actually surprised by this. I expected they'd bail without Emma. I'm not sure how they'll have Hook there without Emma- unless they kill her off which upset the fanbase. I'll miss Zelena.
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat May 13, 2017 5:53 pm

Yeah, Jennifer Morrison quitting seemed like it might put the brakes on things. I'm still wondering if they'll keep Hook or not at this point. Maybe all the non-returning characters will be trapped in the Enchanted Forest or something.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Sun May 14, 2017 2:54 pm

Season finale tonight! :yes:

However since the show will be substantially different next season, for all practical purposes this will be the series finale. :bye:
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun May 14, 2017 9:11 pm

It certainly will be for Emma and a bunch of others. Although Emma said she agreed to appear in one episode next year.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Sun May 14, 2017 9:12 pm

^Hopefully not just to get killed off.
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun May 14, 2017 9:18 pm

I hope not. A show called Once Upon A Time really needs to end with a Happily Ever After.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Cayla » Mon May 15, 2017 10:45 am

My husband pointed out that he would have been very upset to be stuck in Storybrook, instead of the Enchanted Forest, because in Storybrook, they have to work jobs to support themselves, where in the Enchanted Forest they were royalty. :lol:

I have a feeling this show won't last more than another season. I'm content with last night's ending.
Cayla
Senator
Senator

Postby Lupine » Mon May 15, 2017 2:58 pm

^Same here, though it did go a little over-the-top at times. Especially with the "Last Supper" montage at the end. Even without the promise of another season, this episode worked as a series finale with many of the storylines wrapping up: Rumpy finally doing the right thing, Gideon getting a re-start, Emma believing, Robin and Regina-2 getting engaged, and so on. Disappointed that Tiny didn't get a scene since they were in his castle and the table had obviously been set for someone. I'm sure that wasn't just for the dragon.
A few things were left open though and I'm not sure they'll be touched on again with the re-tooled season. Maleficent and Lily seemed to have been forgotten. Mulan's love life apparently still sucks. Ruby and Dorothy didn't show up again- even with Oz being destroyed. The Tin Man's still a stiff.
But we'll see just how the next season goes with any adult Henry and his daughter (I'm assuming that Violet is the mother, though I could be wrong).
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Mon May 15, 2017 9:47 pm

So it sounds like we were half right about the new characters.

Cayla wrote:My husband pointed out that he would have been very upset to be stuck in Storybrook, instead of the Enchanted Forest, because in Storybrook, they have to work jobs to support themselves, where in the Enchanted Forest they were royalty. :lol:

Not everybody. The dwarfs probably like it better in Storybrook. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Tue May 16, 2017 9:43 pm

Well, I've seen the first half or so. I like the idea that the Final Battle is a battle of wills, not just a sword fight in the street. But, man, all those universes are winking out pretty quickly-- how many millions, billions, or trillions of people are dead already? And how many of them are characters we know? :eek:

Some interesting variations on the curse. Storybrook has been restored to its original state, except with Fiona as mayor-- and certain people expelled back to the Enchanted Forest with their memories intact. And Henry remains in Storybrook with his memories intact, and with the book in his arms. Some interesting artistic choices there, Fiona. :D

And in the Enchanted Forest, we've got Regina's Ambiguous Twin joining the fight, along with Jasmine and Aladdin-- and Robin, eventually, I assume, unless he just gets mentioned.

But now the book is burned and Emma is heading out of town......

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Tue May 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Oh, and I heard that Once Upon A Time will be moving to Friday nights at 8pm in the Fall (right before Inhumans and SHIELD). I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Friday night is kind of a death slot but they also tolerate lower numbers on Fridays.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Wed May 17, 2017 2:54 pm

There's nothing else on Friday anyway.
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Wed May 17, 2017 9:48 pm

A couple of things on Sciffy, but they have short seasons.

Well, that was a pretty good ending. At least all those alternate dimensions popped back into existence. That would have been the most horrifying holocaust of all time if they had let it stand. I'm not sure exactly how letting herself get sworded in the tummy allowed Emma to both survive and turn Gideon back into a newborn baby-- or what lesson we are to derive from this-- but it was a nice magical happy ending suitable for a Fairy Tale show. I enjoyed the montage of many, if not all, of the characters we've seen over the years being happy and ever afterful in their various lands. I wonder if some characters were not shown because of time constraints-- and perhaps will show up in an extended episode on the DVD-- or if they just couldn't get the actors. It was painfully obvious that the Robin Hood actor was not available, though they got around that rather cleverly. It was interesting that so many characters chose to spend their existence in Storybrook rather than in their land of origin.

And then there was the teaser. History is apparently repeating itself to some degree. I'm slightly intrigued. But, being a stickler for detail, I have to wonder what year we're looking at. Even if OUAT happened in compressed time, it still had to have taken three or four years, so the teaser has to be six or seven years in the future. Hopefully they'll spend a lot of time in imaginary lands and avoid continuity conflicts with reality. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Thu May 18, 2017 5:22 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:I'm not sure exactly how letting herself get sworded in the tummy allowed Emma to both survive and turn Gideon back into a newborn baby-- or what lesson we are to derive from this-- but it was a nice magical happy ending suitable for a Fairy Tale show.

I was wondering that too. I also wonder how Hook and survived the fall off the bean stock.

RJDiogenes wrote:And then there was the teaser. History is apparently repeating itself to some degree. I'm slightly intrigued. But, being a stickler for detail, I have to wonder what year we're looking at. Even if OUAT happened in compressed time, it still had to have taken three or four years, so the teaser has to be six or seven years in the future. Hopefully they'll spend a lot of time in imaginary lands and avoid continuity conflicts with reality. :lol:

I'm not sure how that is going to work out but it was intriguing.
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu May 18, 2017 10:23 pm

Lupine wrote:I was wondering that too. I also wonder how Hook and survived the fall off the bean stock.

They definitely took some short cuts. That last hour could have been two hours.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Previous

Return to Television, Movies, and YouTube