Sleepy Hollow - Season 4 - SPOILERS!

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

Re: Sleepy Hollow - Season 4 - SPOILERS!

Postby Lupine » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:02 pm

^Yeah, the series is rather old-school without the cynicism and snideness of most recent shows.
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:20 pm

Yeah, that's one of the things I love about it. :yes:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:16 pm

New episode tonight!
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Excellent. :dance:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:04 pm

Interesting plot complication with the arrival of "Laura"- though I figured out who she really was about halfway through the episode. It definitely wasn't a good idea for Jenny to send Jake and Alex to reconnoiter by themselves. And naturally she rescued them just in the nick of time to prevent them from confessing their feelings for each other :lol: .
And things went really pear-shaped at the end with the creation of the fourth Horseman. :no:
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:12 pm

Whoa. :eek: Actually, a couple of whoas. :eek: :eek:

I did not see Molly from the Apocalyptic Future coming. But time travel is not unprecedented on this show. It was chilling to hear her say that "a very different Crane" helped her escape into the past. Conversely, it was very heartening that she grew up to be a hero despite being essentially raised by Dreyfus. Also, it was nice to see Seychelle Gabriel-- she played Lourdes on Falling Skies, who was probably my favorite character on the show.

And I certainly didn't see Crane getting co-opted as the Horseman of War. Interesting that Dreyfus had intended to use Agent Thomas as his Fourth Horseman-- even more interesting that Crane took the bullet, because that means the future has already been changed. How it's been changed remains to be seen, though. But that was a pretty damn creepy cliffhanger.

I think I must have missed something about Banneker's gun, though. I don't understand how it turns people into the Horseman of War. Maybe I'll go back and watch again if I have time.

And we did indeed have a little movement on the Jake and Alex front. It was good to see that Alex has finally figured out what's going on, but Jake's cluelessness doesn't bode well. I hope he catches on quickly, because there's only two episodes to go.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:06 pm

New episode tonight!
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:48 pm

We're getting near the end.....

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Only one episode now...

Laura/Molly is turning into a fun character and I'm hoping they don't kill her off- though I suppose it doesn't matter at this point. Henry is back, trying to act like he's a good guy and generally failing at that. The end scene- unless the writers are pulling a fast one- seems to confirm he is still on the dark side.
Interestingly the previews said next week said "season finale" so is there hope for a renewal... or are they going to saddle us with an unresolved cliff-hanger?
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:07 pm

That's interesting. They don't show the previews on On Demand. I think renewal is kind of hopeless, but on the other hand the ratings don't look so bad when compared to other ratings in that same Friday death slot. I don't want to get my hopes up....

This was a great episode, but it does feel like they know they're winding things up. It's like they're using all the classic elements of the show whenever they can. Katrina's time travel spell, Corbin's cabin, Henry's connection to the Horseman of War, et cetera. I'm glad Future Molly freed Crane so quickly-- I was afraid they would wait till the last minute and I didn't want him to spend the last episode as not himself.

No progress on the Jake and Alex front, but they did get to fight the undead. "So... Zombie Hessians are going to attack Sleepy Hollow." :lol: And Crane turns the table on the Horseman of War to sweep in for the last-minute save. Pure Pulp drama. :D

I suspect that Henry is setting himself up to be a mole for the good guys. He mentioned at least twice that he came from Ichabod's memories and that he was the son that Ichabod chose to remember-- that's got to be a Henry who is a hero. And that would certainly be appropriate for the spirit of the show.

I hope that Future Molly won't die, and I don't think she will. It was sort of implied that she became disconnected from Present Molly when she changed the future, so that both can co-exist. I'm fine with that, since I like both the character and the actress, and it's a perfectly legitimate rule of time travel since time travel doesn't exist. :D

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:26 am

Tonight is the grand finale. :mellow:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:13 pm

I wonder if they'll give us closure or just a perpetually unresolved cliff-hanger.
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby Lupine » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:03 pm

No major unresolved plot-points thankfully, though they more than enough room open for another season.
A lot of ground was covered here: unexpected help from Job, Jake and Alex finally getting together, going to Hell and seeing the Devil himself, Saving the President, Crane being granted citizenship, Henry- while not turning good- realized that serving Dryfus was counter-productive, using the Philosophers Stone to defeat Dyfus, Laura taking on the Witness mantle therefor freeing Molly. Whew.
Of course Henry is still on the loose and Crane's pack with the Devil will be a problem... and possibly an unresolved one. :unsure:
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:08 pm

If this was indeed the very last episode of Sleepy Hollow, it did give us a satisfying resolution to the current story, as well as lots of great character moments, and an open-ended finale that allows us the knowledge that the characters will continue on.

We got our last flashback to the Revolutionary Era, where we learned the origin of America's (real) motto, "E Pluribus Unum," which featured prominently in the story-- allowing our heroes to find supernatural weapons capable of battling the Four Horsemen. Unexpectedly, we also got a literal trip to Hell, where Crane was able to obtain the means of short-circuiting Dreyfus's immortality. The conception of Hell seemed kind of inconsistent with the usual aesthetics of the show-- I liked how Crane saw Valley Forge and Laura saw her orphanage, but that endless white mall was kind of weird. But that's a minor point.

Crane's conflict with Henry was not quite resolved, and my prediction that Henry was only pretending to side with Dreyfus did not come true, but I like that Crane was able to defeat the Horseman of War with superior rhetoric. That was a nice touch.

The defeat of Dreyfus and the Horsemen almost seemed anticlimactic, but there was a lot squeezed into this episode, and it was really the character resolutions that I was most interested in anyway. And whether or not we ever get a continuation, the characters were all left in a good place-- and I was quite relieved that nobody died, especially Crane.

My favorite moment, of course, was Crane finally becoming a citizen of the country he helped create. "Raise your hand-- welcome to America." And by presidential decree, no less. Agency 355 now reports directly to the president, which will make any future stories very interesting. Agent Thomas is both officially part of the team and has recognized that she belongs there. Alex and Jake are together, and their moment was not overdone. Jenny, as far as we know, is not leaving. Laura did not disappear when Dreyfus died, so she is existing independently of her timeline and will no doubt return someday. Molly is free of being a Witness-- and seemingly a little disappointed at that-- but will clearly grow up to continue the fight.

The only loose ends, I think, are Henry's whereabouts and Crane's pact with the devil. I didn't really like that revelation about the pact-- I expected Crane's response to Diana to be more of a "Devil and Daniel Webster" kind of thing, so that was a little disappointing. But no big deal. We know they'll all find a way to fix it somehow.

"E Pluribus Unum. I like it." :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:15 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:I liked how Crane saw Valley Forge and Laura saw her orphanage, but that endless white mall was kind of weird. But that's a minor point.

Yeah, even the Devil differed from the usual rather Gothic look of the show.

RJDiogenes wrote:Jenny, as far as we know, is not leaving.

Now that you mention it, it is rather odd they didn't address that in the episode.
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:20 pm

Yeah, the look of the devil was very strange-- and not explained in any way.

I have a feeling that Jenny was left on the cutting room floor, because so much had to be squeezed in-- I don't know why they left in the cable guy scene when that minute of time could have been put to better use. I'm hoping for an extended version of the episode on DVD.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Wed May 10, 2017 10:28 pm

Well, it's official. Sleepy Hollow has been cancelled. :sob:

Completely expected, but sad to hear the confirmation. At least I'll have the DVDs. They'll go up on the shelf with my all-time favorite shows-- all of which have fewer seasons, come to think of it, so I can't complain.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Wed May 10, 2017 10:37 pm

Pity, but like you said not unexpected. :bye:
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu May 11, 2017 10:12 pm

And it's probably not something that's likely to get picked up by Hulu or Netflix.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun May 14, 2017 9:14 pm

Some more news, that I'll put here because there's nowhere else and so that this thread will have a happy ending:

Elementary has been renewed-- I'm pretty sure that's a favorite of yours, Lupy. Also, Timeless, which really grew on me over the course of its first season, was cancelled-- then uncancelled a couple of days later. :eek:

We should probably have a general news thread, come to think of it....

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Sun May 14, 2017 9:31 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:Also, Timeless, which really grew on me over the course of its first season, was cancelled-- then uncancelled a couple of days later. :eek:

:wtf:

Time After Time was starting to grow on my, but it was cancelled before all its episodes even aired.
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun May 14, 2017 11:52 pm

That surprised me. I had a feeling it was going to catch on. Similarly, Powerless was cancelled before all its episodes were aired, but I hadn't been as confident about that one.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Cayla » Mon May 15, 2017 10:42 am

I'm not surprised that this was cancelled, but it is kind of sad. There is not much on TV that I watch these days.
Cayla
Senator
Senator

Postby Lupine » Mon May 15, 2017 3:07 pm

^Same here. I watch Doctor Who and Saturday. Once Upon A Time and Elementary on Sunday. Nothing on Monday. SHIELD on Tuesday. Designated Survivor on Wednesday. Occasionally Soundtracks on Thursday when it isn't being preempted. And nothing on Friday.
At some point I'm assuming Victoria will return to PBS and that will likely be on Sunday.
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Mon May 15, 2017 9:53 pm

Let's see, what have I got going these days? Once Upon A Time, Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead, SHIELD, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Dark Matter, Z Nation, Westworld, Ash vs. Evil Dead, Timeless-- some of those are on hiatus and won't be back for a while. I'm probably missing something.....

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

PreviousNext

Return to Television, Movies, and YouTube