Fear The Walking Dead - Season 3 - SPOILERS!

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

Re: Fear The Walking Dead - Season 3 - SPOILERS!

Postby RJDiogenes » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:10 pm

Well, I think the unfortunately-named Walker is a good addition to the cast. Otherwise, things are pretty weird. And I don't understand a lot of Madison's actions.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, desegregation is not going well and I'm sure that things will end up where they always have on Walking Dead-- with most everyone dead and our heroes on the road again. Neither the cowboys nor the Indians are very sympathetic and neither group really has any interest in making peace. I think Madison made a big mistake giving Walker's people complete control over the armory. That just incited rebellion. And I don't know why she didn't shoot Troy when he killed the Indian on the truck-- she almost got herself killed, too, but still just let him go. And you know he will be back.

And why punish Nick in the hot box when he was just trying to stop Troy? That was a bad move by Walker, and Madison didn't really put up much of an objection.

But at least Alicia manages to delay a civil war for a while by digging a new well, and getting everybody to join in. It would be funny if Madison returned after all her adventures to find that the water problem had been solved.

And... Madison and Walker find Strand when they go out looking for water, and he's gotten himself in trouble as usual. And Madison steals Walker's gold to get him off the hook. Another weird decision, and she's lucky that Walker didn't just shoot her or leave her to die. But instead they all go to the dam and are reunited with Salazar. The original gang is almost all back together. Next week he should be reunited with Ofelia.
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby scottydog » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:27 pm

I haven't started watching the resumption of the season but I should be able to catch up this weekend and join in on the discussion here....
scottydog
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:40 pm

You've got a lot of Zombie-watching to do. :D

And Discovery starts this Sunday, too. :mellow:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:19 pm

New episode tonight! :zombie:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby jgc » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:14 am

Right. But I'm going to watch Discovery which runs thru half of FTWD. I'll catch it some where else.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:34 pm

Oh, good. We have a thread for Discovery, too.

Fear The Walking Dead didn't show up on On Demand today. Weird, because they've been pretty reliable lately. :mellow:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:42 pm

There are the Zombies! I wondered where they got to.

So the lesson to be gained here is that you should always kill Troy and stop giving him more and more chances to kill other people. He killed all those innocent people at the station to see how fast they would turn. He hoarded weapons and got into a huge firefight with the Indians at the ranch, and they decided they would just exile him, so he would have plenty of chances to wreak havoc again. While being exiled, he killed a random Indian guy and Madison just let him go. Now he's lured a horde of Zombies to the ranch, but Nick just asks him for help in turning them away. He even causes the death of his brother, but Nick still lets him live. Why doesn't anyone want to kill this guy?

And now the Zombie horded has swarmed all over the ranch, the way that Zombie hordes always eventually swarm over the safe places, and all the survivors are stuck in the storm cellar. It really should have occurred to somebody to try to lure them away with a jeep or something. But now Jake is dead, a bunch of the ranchers and Indians are dead, the survivors are trapped in the storm cellar, which seems to only have one way out, and it's up to Nick and Troy to save them.

Sheesh. :mellow:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:00 pm

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby jgc » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:09 pm

And only five people made it out alive - not including Madison and Walker, because they weren't there.

And the Clarks are split up again.....
Imagine by John Lennon

jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:22 pm

Looks like AMC is back to their old ways of delaying availability on On Demand. Hopefully I can see it tomorrow.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:57 pm

Yeah, that was a bloodbath. People in the Zombie Apocalypse can never have nice things. :no:

I'm glad Walker survived, though. I hope he becomes a permanent part of the cast. He's pretty cool. Ofelia's friend seems good, too.

Alicia taking off for the honeymoon cabin surprised me, but it's understandable-- she's pretty messed up from losing all those people, and the news of Jake's death was the straw that broke the camel's back. With Nick going after her, I envision the season cliffhanger being the Zombie horde catching up with them and surrounding the cabin. I can't believe Troy is one of the few survivors of the ranch. If he comes with them to the dam, I'm going to throw something at my TV (well, my Kindle). But Nick lied for him, so I won't be surprised if Madison gives him yet another undeserved chance.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:47 pm

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:29 pm

Uh oh. Nick has fallen off the wagon, big time. And he's going to hang out with Troy full time now, to teach him the ways of the druggie. Alicia has also made a new friend, a lone wolf who sells Zombie parts to voodoo priests or something. Madison is now without both her kids. Salazar is also without his kid, since Ofelia died of a Zombie bite mere seconds before he arrived. Nevertheless, after his initial rage he grew solemn and invited Madison back to the dam-- and he's letting her bring Strand and Walker.

Next week is the season finale. Will anyone else die? And will Luciana ever return?

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:05 pm

Did you see this week's episode, jgc?

scotty, did you get caught up?

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Tonight is the two-hour season finale! :zombie: :zombie:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby jgc » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:52 pm

I'm catching up tonight before the season finale.
Imagine by John Lennon

jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:19 am

Ah, good. I was afraid you had missed some.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby jgc » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Nope. All caught up.

Of course, there there was a big cliff hanger last night.

I like Kim Dickens, but I'm getting very tired of Madison Clarke.

Next week. TWD is back!!!!!
Imagine by John Lennon

jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:23 am

I'm almost done with the first episode. I should be done with both by tomorrow night. I can't wait to see what the cliffhanger is.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Wow, that wasn't exactly a cliffhanger-- they kind of blew up the cliff. :lol:

And the other Cliff had a little cameo. I wonder if they shot that at the beginning of the season, knowing that they'd need it.

Like you, I'm kind of tired of Madison at this point, but I think Nick was a little harsh with her. I really don't know what he saw in Troy, but that guy should have died a long time ago. He was introduced as a mass murderer and he only got worse from there. Madison should have killed him when he stabbed that Indian guy who drove him out to be exiled. If she didn't know he was going to come back to haunt them before, that should have really tipped her off. And when it came down to it, Troy sure died easy. One whack to the head with a hammer and he was done. I was sure he was going to show up again at the least opportune moment, but no.

Salazar, on the other hand, seems impossible to kill. First he survived being tied up in a raging inferno, and now he survives being shot in the face. I'm sure he'll survive the collapse of the dam and save Nick as well-- Nick just would have stood there until it collapsed under him.

The fates of Alicia and Strand are not so clear, though. It was odd that they showed us Madison's survival, rather than keep us in suspense, but not the other two. I'm not sure how I feel about Strand at this point. He was my favorite character up till he sold out Salazar and the dam community to the Proctors, but he did really go out of his way to save Madison and her kids.

And finally, Luciana reappears, if only in Madison's nightmare-- she's been billed in the main cast all season, but hasn't been seen since she walked away from the ranch. And what was that baby about? Foreshadowing?

My favorite part of the episode was Walker and his buddy picking off the Proctors with a long-range rifle. Talk about a parting shot. :lol: I hope he's back next season. He makes a good addition to the cast.

And the boss of the Proctors sure seemed familiar to me, but I can't place him. I'm sure I've seen him on another show somewhere.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby scottydog » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:14 am

RJDiogenes wrote:scotty, did you get caught up?

Never did catch up. I have them all saved on my DVR and I just watched an August episode. So I might just be a tad slow :lol:
scottydog
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:17 pm

The Zombies are faster.

:zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Previous

Return to Television, Movies, and YouTube