Dark Matter - Season 3 - SPOILERS

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

Re: Dark Matter - Season 3 - SPOILERS

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:07 pm

I was wondering that, too. Or even a custom android body. Hey, maybe that's why they go looking for Android's creator.
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:08 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:I was wondering that, too. Or even a custom android body. Hey, maybe that's why they go looking for Android's creator.

I like the cut of your jib. :thumbsup:
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:08 pm

:D

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:16 pm

New episode tonight! :saucer:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:53 am

"Hot Chocolate" :lol:

My other favorite part:
Five: "Android, someone has taken over your system. I need to you to send a code to Sarah and then delete this conversation from your memory."
Android: "But I don't think there will be enough time. I can feel whoever it is will be able to regain control."
Five: "Trust me. Just do it."
Android: "OK."

I would think Ishida wouldn't stand a chance against Two in a fight, considering she kicked him so hard he flew across the cargo bay and into a stack of containers. The new mystery is what happened with the Blade Drive simulation.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:44 pm

I like it that Android really acts like an android. Not that I don't like characters like Data, but this is a nicely different approach. The way she responded to Five's code word and instruction to trust her were good examples of that. In fact, the entire plot about her being hacked and remotely controlled was a very realistic approach (at least by contemporary standards, which will of course be very outdated by the time real androids exist-- I'm reminded of the TNG episode "Contagion," where Data was infected with a computer virus and everyone was baffled by the very concept).

Well, Six did his best to talk sense into the representatives of the independent colonies, but they were as short sighted as politicians always are. This will not work out well for any of them, I'm sure, except for Ryo, who will exploit them as much as possible.

The showdown between Two and Four was inconclusive, but the dynamic has now changed somewhat since Two knows that Four did not kill Nyx. You would think that Two would have made shorter work of Four, given her nanite powers, but perhaps he was wearing some kind of body armor.

And, once again, the Blink Drive has malfunctioned, proving itself to be a danger even when just conducting a simulation. What has it done this time? Well, the previews pretty much gave that away, and it looks like it will be pretty funny. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:57 pm

New episode tonight! :bounce:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Well, that was pretty amusing. I think the funniest moment was when Android told them they had to change to appropriate clothes-- their 27th century clothes are so generic they could easily walk around without being noticed. :lol:

But Android really got into the whole fitting-in-with-the-21st-century thing. She even got double points for the car purchase. Got a bit spoilery on that TV show finale, though. Everybody will think that she obtains her programs by "other means." :lol:

And now we know where the Blink Drive came from. I wonder if we'll ever see him again, or if this was just a plot device to get a working Blink Drive (even though it sounds like Two still won't use it). I wonder if Ryo will somehow successfully steal the original Blink Drive and repair it.

I wonder if this episode was intended as an homage to Star Trek-- they've done any number of episodes where the characters were trapped in the past and had to find a way back to the present: "Tomorrow Is Yesterday," "The City On The Edge Of Forever," "Data's Disembodied Head Adventure," etc.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:46 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:Well, that was pretty amusing. I think the funniest moment was when Android told them they had to change to appropriate clothes-- their 27th century clothes are so generic they could easily walk around without being noticed. :lol:

But Android really got into the whole fitting-in-with-the-21st-century thing. She even got double points for the car purchase. Got a bit spoilery on that TV show finale, though. Everybody will think that she obtains her programs by "other means." :lol:

And now we know where the Blink Drive came from. I wonder if we'll ever see him again, or if this was just a plot device to get a working Blink Drive (even though it sounds like Two still won't use it). I wonder if Ryo will somehow successfully steal the original Blink Drive and repair it.

I wonder if this episode was intended as an homage to Star Trek-- they've done any number of episodes where the characters were trapped in the past and had to find a way back to the present: "Tomorrow Is Yesterday," "The City On The Edge Of Forever," "Data's Disembodied Head Adventure," etc.

I agree. This was a great episode; however, the ONE issue I had was when the three teens followed Android when she drove to the Marauder's landing site. There is no way they could have followed her 6-kms from town on bicycle unless she was driving at a glacial pace.

I did enjoy Android's mannerisms when talking with other adults and also when she chatted up the teens.
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:51 pm

Gary wrote:I agree. This was a great episode; however, the ONE issue I had was when the three teens followed Android when she drove to the Marauder's landing site. There is no way they could have followed her 6-kms from town on bicycle unless she was driving at a glacial pace.

You're right, I thought of that, too. I also expected Android to know that they were there, since she seemed to spot them at every turn.

I did enjoy Android's mannerisms when talking with other adults and also when she chatted up the teens.

Android cracks me up. "IN-dispensible." :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:20 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:

Android cracks me up. "IN-dispensible." :lol:

I laughed loudly when she did that. Android is very good at asserting when the crew should listen to her suggestions or follow her lead. :lol:
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:07 pm

She was really in charge the whole time. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:23 pm

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Interesting story about meeting, and saving, The Creator of Android. What's going to happen now that Sarah has a body once again, not to mention what's happening with the android's who have emotions and have committed murder?
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:38 pm

Wow, that was quite an eventful episode. Looks like I was right about Sarah getting an android body, but now she is with the androids-- and they expect her to help them. Is that because she is now under their control or because they plan to strong arm or blackmail her?

And I certainly didn't expect the Creator to be the image of Android. That's a bit Noonian Soong, but they're obviously going in a different direction here. Dr Shaw is more Susan Calvin than Noonian Soong and was apparently heavily involved with Two. Android was created to be a replacement body for Shaw, but instead turned into an homage, for reasons that are unclear-- and what exactly were Two and Five doing in those flashbacks? And we now know that Android has a name-- Suki. I wonder if that has some significance.

This was certainly a nice episode for Android, with touching moments of support from Five (berating Chase about changing her settings), Six (stressing her individuality), and Three (apologizing)-- and even Four, in flashback. I wonder if any of this will convince her to load the upgrade.

The Android Underground plotline is certainly a lot more interesting than the Corporate War-- if they're going to rip off a story, I'd rather it be Asimov's Foundation than yet another boring space war.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:31 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:Wow, that was quite an eventful episode. Looks like I was right about Sarah getting an android body, but now she is with the androids-- and they expect her to help them. Is that because she is now under their control or because they plan to strong arm or blackmail her?

And I certainly didn't expect the Creator to be the image of Android. That's a bit Noonian Soong, but they're obviously going in a different direction here. Dr Shaw is more Susan Calvin than Noonian Soong and was apparently heavily involved with Two. Android was created to be a replacement body for Shaw, but instead turned into an homage, for reasons that are unclear-- and what exactly were Two and Five doing in those flashbacks? And we now know that Android has a name-- Suki. I wonder if that has some significance.

This was certainly a nice episode for Android, with touching moments of support from Five (berating Chase about changing her settings), Six (stressing her individuality), and Three (apologizing)-- and even Four, in flashback. I wonder if any of this will convince her to load the upgrade.

The Android Underground plotline is certainly a lot more interesting than the Corporate War-- if they're going to rip off a story, I'd rather it be Asimov's Foundation than yet another boring space war.

I was going to address the background of Suki's relationship with the crew *before* the mindwipes but I figured I would defer as I knew you would mention it. I found it interesting when Two was involved in the hand-to-hand combat while Three calmly eats and drinks. I got a kick out of his comment (paraphrased), "I was rooting for you the whole way". :lol:

I don't think the upgraded androids plan on blackmailing Sarah. I think they're going to prey on her emotions since she's a human consciousness inside a very strong, durable, artificial body. Sarah is very intelligent and very much in love with Three. I can see a conflict down the road with the androids where it will be Sarah defending the crew of the Raza in a physical manner. I did like how Suki became glum, so to speak, and everyone told her, "You're one of us. We like you, dammit, and NO ONE is changing you!"

This series demonstrates actress Zoie Palmer's range and abilities (she's Android/Suki). She is able to parlay an English accent (one of her parents is British), deadpan delivery, and broad character emotions. She gives Tatiana Malansly, of Orphan Black, a run for her money.
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:34 pm

Gary wrote:I was going to address the background of Suki's relationship with the crew *before* the mindwipes but I figured I would defer as I knew you would mention it. I found it interesting when Two was involved in the hand-to-hand combat while Three calmly eats and drinks. I got a kick out of his comment (paraphrased), "I was rooting for you the whole way". :lol:

That was a good scene. :lol: And now we know how Two "inherited" the ship.

I don't think the upgraded androids plan on blackmailing Sarah. I think they're going to prey on her emotions since she's a human consciousness inside a very strong, durable, artificial body. Sarah is very intelligent and very much in love with Three. I can see a conflict down the road with the androids where it will be Sarah defending the crew of the Raza in a physical manner. I did like how Suki became glum, so to speak, and everyone told her, "You're one of us. We like you, dammit, and NO ONE is changing you!"

I'm a bit worried that whatever the androids have planned will result in the destruction of Sarah and a setback in Three's character development. This show doesn't seem to hang on to guest characters very long-- or even regular characters in some cases. Also, I wonder if they will address the fact that this means immortality can be achieved for anybody in a matter of minutes.

This series demonstrates actress Zoie Palmer's range and abilities (she's Android/Suki). She is able to parlay an English accent (one of her parents is British), deadpan delivery, and broad character emotions. She gives Tatiana Malansly, of Orphan Black, a run for her money.

She was also a regular on Lost Girl where she played a completely different character. And on Dark Matter, she's played not only Android and Shaw, but Android with the emotion chip-- she's really good.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:44 pm

New episode... last night. :bounce:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:36 pm

RJDiogenes wrote:New episode... last night. :bounce:

Yeah, I haven't seen the latest episode posted to my usual sites, yet. :conf:

** EDIT **

OK, I was able to watch last night. Interesting to see aliens from a dying universe are trying to infiltrate the universe of the Raza's crew. I wonder if the nuke strike put an end to that (for now). I was surprised it was alt-universe Boone who took Two, although I knew she wouldn't get killed in the strike.

And, let's not forget this little nugget: "Boobs.....boobs.....boobs.....boobs.....booooobs...." :lol:
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Yes, it was on On Demand today when I went to watch it.

That was quite a good episode. So it was these extradimensional aliens who had propped up Wil Wheaton with advanced technology-- it doesn't bode well for him that he went missing. Apparently the aliens didn't need him anymore. I would imagine that the nuke put an end to the portal, but those aliens could have survived-- trapped on the planet for now, but who knows what future plots may bring? And aren't there a bunch of other enhanced clones running around? Do they have aliens in them, or were they just working for them?

That was a nice little last-minute save for Two. Alt-Boone being her rescuer would never have occurred to me. I wonder how he knew she would be there and how he got there without anyone knowing it.

Android cracks me up. I'm glad she's learned to love her boobs. :lol:

The crew of the military ship was portrayed well. The captain was reasonable and the doctor was a nice little character study of someone completely out of his depth, but who found the courage to make the ultimate sacrifice, whether or not it was the right choice. And that soldier, who ended up being the last survivor of his troop, managed to be very sympathetic with only a couple of scenes.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:22 pm

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:31 pm

Oh, man. Three let himself be killed so that he wouldn't know he caused Sarah's death. :(

Well, this was quite an eventful episode. I didn't expect Ryo's government to collapse so quickly or for him to end up back on the Raza. And I was right about Misaki being the one behind all the attempted assassinations-- not that that was such a brilliant deduction-- and I was happy to see and her bad acting killed, but I'm a little worried that she was still twitching at the end. If she survives, I'll be bummed. I'd much rather them eventually get a transmission from Zairon saying that Teku is in charge. And I wonder how the fall of Ryo's government will affect the war-- I also wonder if all that civil unrest was real or if Misaki as just feeding propaganda to Ryo.

In any case, that cliffhanger wasn't much of a cliffhanger since they showed Ryo alive in the previews.

And... anthroparchy. :veryhappy: Looks like Android's new upgrade has some extra features-- like a built-in hologram that tells her she's probably getting in over her head with the Android Rebellion. She'd rather teach humanity that androids are conscious beings, but it looks like she's up against the Android Antifa. Which side will she choose?

And now Two has a daughter. We can add her to Five's sister and Six's family on the list of things we probably won't get to this year, because there's only one episode to go in the season. There's either too many plots or not enough episodes.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:27 pm

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Gary » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:13 pm

I had to rewatch the episode, because I didn't remember Three killing himself, so I thought I had missed something. All he did was kill the clone, so his memory would be clear.

WHEW!
Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:52 pm

Oh, yeah, just the clone. :lol:

I should be able to see the latest episode today. And it's the season finale.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

PreviousNext

Return to Television, Movies, and YouTube