The Mist - Season One - SPOILERS!

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

Re: The Mist - Season One - SPOILERS!

Postby jgc » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:07 am

Finally got to watch last week's episode. It froze up again at the same place, so I started it again and and forwarded it to just after it froze.

So, yes, Adrien is a sick {insert very bad word here}. And he left the front door open when he ran out leaving Kevin unconscious in the bathroom.

The mall manager lied about who killed the crazy mother. And it looks like Jay may be the safest person in the mall locked in that room. Although I think once Eve killed that soldier, she must have gone off the rails a bit. Or maybe a lot.

I, too, would root for the monster if, as you say, THERE WERE ANY!!!
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:26 pm

jgc wrote:Finally got to watch last week's episode. It froze up again at the same place, so I started it again and and forwarded it to just after it froze.

Strange, especially since I had troubles with it, too. Must be some defect in the source file.

So, yes, Adrien is a sick {insert very bad word here}. And he left the front door open when he ran out leaving Kevin unconscious in the bathroom.

Yeah, things look bad for Kevin, but I suspect he will survive somehow, and I'm wondering how-- I wonder if the guy they abandoned at the gas station will ironically come to his rescue. Or maybe the priest somehow survived. Or maybe Kevin will see a friendly ghost.

The mall manager lied about who killed the crazy mother. And it looks like Jay may be the safest person in the mall locked in that room. Although I think once Eve killed that soldier, she must have gone off the rails a bit. Or maybe a lot.

They've all gone crazy, and it was a pretty short trip.

I, too, would root for the monster if, as you say, THERE WERE ANY!!!

I think there's only one or two episodes left, so I think we're out of luck as far as monsters go. :(
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:53 pm

Two episodes left, including tonight. :pacman:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby jgc » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:32 pm

Watched this week's episode.

Mrs Raven and the cop both have a first class ticket on the crazy train. Everyone is converging on the mall. In fact, they are all there now. The mallsters have caught up to Eve and Alex - and Adrien. The surviving soldier at the mall came across Jonah - with surprising results.

And, as far as I'm concerned, the most uninteresting character out of all the mediocre characters is the drug addict.

Looking forward to your review.
Imagine by John Lennon

jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:14 pm

I'm going to try to watch it tonight. :yes:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:13 pm

There's really got to be some kind of mind-altering drug in the mist. That many people would not go that crazy that quickly. :lol:

I love Kevin's new teenage friend, who accidentally saved his life. "I've heard that letting people with a concussion lose consciousness is dangerous, but you looked like you needed the sleep." :lol:

And what's the story with all the dead soldiers everywhere? And why are all the houses empty? You'd think most people would just hunker down and hide at home. It's supposedly a death sentence to have to go out into the mist, but all of the main characters seem to be pretty immune to it (Kevin's Evil Twin notwithstanding). And why did that guy-- who was at first so worried about Kevin and the kid, and about being found-- suddenly decide to blow himself up with a grenade? Drugs in the mist. Got to be.

Mrs Raven and the cop are indeed on the crazy train. And their two former followers are now wishing that had gotten off at the last stop-- as they lay at the bottom of the pit being eaten by rats. What will cop do when he finds out that his son is innocent? Kill Mrs Raven instead?

And the son doesn't stand up to hardship very well, asking to be killed after being locked up for a few hours. It looked like the mom almost believed his story for a second there, but reverted to being Clint Eastwood. She is going to be so embarrassed.

Soldier guy and junkie girl are now an item and want to go someplace green and peaceful with her stolen drug money-- but nobody has yet questioned how far the mist goes. Has the whole world succumbed to the Mist Apocalypse? Did it run out of steam (so to speak) after a few miles? Nobody has even wondered.

But it looks like Jonah is going to turn out to be the one responsible for the mist. The other soldier guy saluted him (after beating him up, strangling him into unconsciousness, and taping him to a chair-- isn't that insubordination?) and next week they're going up to Arrowhead. It would be funny if he turns out to be a mad scientist or something.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby jgc » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:26 pm

^ :guffaw: :guffaw: You really are running out of patience with these people. :guffaw: :guffaw:

I wondered about the soldiers, too. Not so much about the empty houses - a holdover, I suppose, from The Walking Dead.

I'm not so sure about Jonah, though (and, yeah, what the young soldier did was way beyond subordination). When the junkie was doing the rapid detox, Jonah had a memory flash of being strapped down to a table and having a woman scientist speak words at him while someone else zapped his brain with ... electricity, maybe? Sure, once he got un-strapped down, he might have triggered the Mist. Possibility.

So they're all going to Arrowhead next week, huh? Cool.

And I want to see what Kevin does to Adrien. :evil:
Imagine by John Lennon

jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:28 pm

jgc wrote:^ :guffaw: :guffaw: You really are running out of patience with these people. :guffaw: :guffaw:

Yeah, a little. :lol:

I wondered about the soldiers, too. Not so much about the empty houses - a holdover, I suppose, from The Walking Dead.

You're right, they're trying too hard to be Walking Dead.

I'm not so sure about Jonah, though (and, yeah, what the young soldier did was way beyond subordination). When the junkie was doing the rapid detox, Jonah had a memory flash of being strapped down to a table and having a woman scientist speak words at him while someone else zapped his brain with ... electricity, maybe? Sure, once he got un-strapped down, he might have triggered the Mist. Possibility.

That's right, I forgot about the human experiments. If Jonah is the commander, why were they zapping him?

So they're all going to Arrowhead next week, huh? Cool.

Well, they talked about it in the previews. We'll see, I guess.

And I want to see what Kevin does to Adrien. :evil:

That will not be pretty.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:15 pm

New episode... er, last night. :bounce:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:47 pm

Okay, normally I object to killing off major characters just for shock effect, but in this case I probably would have cheered a clean sweep. Except maybe for Irene Bedard. There would have been some justice in her being the sole survivor, after having to play second banana to this bunch.

I'm beginning to suspect that the writers didn't know they only had ten episodes, because that was the lamest cliffhanger ever. People being kicked off a train. And a random guess that they were being "fed" to the mist. And we still don't know why people with their names in the credits are mostly immune. Or why the mist ignored Alex at the mall, but then gave her a big hug in the parking lot. Or why it was taking it forty-five minutes to kill her, but it managed to wipe out her half brother in about five seconds. Or why the mist needs to have an open door or window and can't just seep in. Or... or... or....

So the crazy pagan lady's death by Zombie baby breastfeeding was pretty creepy. I guess her latent morbidity must have come from the loss of a pregnancy in her youth. That would have been quite touching and horrifying on a better show.

So here we are with Jonah still an amnesiac, but driving off to Arrowhead with a soldier he doesn't know, and Adrian bleeding all over the back seat. The cop was revealed as Alex's real father, which did not inspire him to lift a finger to save her, but somehow inspired her to save him after he threw his son out into the mist and allowed her to be thrown out into the mist. Alex now knows that Adrian is her rapist and Jock guy is her half brother, so she may or may not be feeling double icky. Everybody at the mall has died horribly, which may qualify as a happy ending. And Kevin is apparently okay with being a mass murderer after practicing on the crazy guy. And, finally, they're wondering if maybe they can just drive out of the mist. Worth a shot, after a week of pointless death and chaos.

And we managed to get through the whole season without any real monsters to speak of. :(

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby jgc » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:37 am

Or why the mist ignored Alex at the mall, but then gave her a big hug in the parking lot. Or why it was taking it forty-five minutes to kill her, but it managed to wipe out her half brother in about five seconds. Or why the mist needs to have an open door or window and can't just seep in. Or... or... or....

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

That sounds like me talking. :lol:

OK. How in the world was Adrien able to drag himself all the way out to the soldier's vehicle? Without the mist getting him?

I still can't stand Alex, or Eve. Kevin was just starting to get slightly interesting.

IF they come back with a second season, I hope you'll still watch just because I get so much enjoyment out of your reviews of this meh show.
Imagine by John Lennon

jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:53 pm

jgc wrote:That sounds like me talking. :lol:

:D

OK. How in the world was Adrien able to drag himself all the way out to the soldier's vehicle? Without the mist getting him?

Good question. I guess because his name is in the credits. :lol:

IF they come back with a second season, I hope you'll still watch just because I get so much enjoyment out of your reviews of this meh show.

That's funny, because I was thinking that I really want a second season because the badness has become so entertaining. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:45 pm

Sad news. It looks like Spike has evaporated The Mist. There will be no season two. They should have had monsters. :(

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby jgc » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:19 am

Yes, monsters were needed. :(
Imagine by John Lennon

jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:17 pm

The movie did it right, but this show just wanted to be The Walking Dead.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Previous

Return to Television, Movies, and YouTube