The Mist - Season One - SPOILERS!

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

Re: The Mist - Season One - SPOILERS!

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:32 pm

New episode tonight! Bring on the monsters! :dragon:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby jgc » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:04 pm

I was able to watch this yesterday. Not much in the monster department.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:58 am

No, just the guy with the bug wings. I think you're right that they're going to have different kinds of monsters than in the story or movie, which is very disappointing.

I'm still convinced that the jock is innocent of the rape and that the friend is the one. Although I don't know why nobody seems to know that DNA testing would sort it out. And they seem to be making it very obvious, so it could be a red herring.

The people in the mall seem to be settling in to Walking Dead mode very quickly. I don't think they've been there more than a night. The mom is very quick to grab guns and shoot at people, and now she's caused a rift between the mall people, setting up her own "camp." And the bit with the two gamers who rolled the dead bodies out into the parking lot was a bit over the top.

At the church, the old lady is getting weirder and weirder. She was my favorite character, but now I'm not so sure-- I felt bad for her when she wanted to join her husband, but now she thinks she's seen God-- and not the priest's God-- in the bug-winged guy. She might be turning into one of King's "ancient gods" fanatics. The junkie girl and the soldier guy are still interesting, and I thought it was pretty amusing when the father was going to break them out of the basement and ended up getting himself thrown in. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:32 pm

New episode tonight! :dragon:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby jgc » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:18 pm

I finally got around to watching the episode. I'm telling you, this just does not strike me as Stephen King material. Although the one monster we saw wasn't bad.

Kevin seemed kinda wimpy. And then there was the gratuitous gunshot wound to the soldier's leg.

So what are you thinking about all this?
Imagine by John Lennon

jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:21 pm

Oops. I guess I forgot to post. :blush:

You're right, it's definitely not Stephen King. We did get a monster in this one, apparently, but one quite different from anything in the original story. A black mist, from out of the white mist, vaguely humanoid and apparently with some intent. And it eats people. That poor little girl was killed, but it had no interest in the teenager. Perhaps it finds her as annoying as I do. :lol:

And after, what, two days or so at most, everybody has pretty much gone Lord of the Flies. The Mall Rats have exiled one of the gamer kids (essentially killing him, as far as they know) and the Roadies have stolen that guy's truck and abandoned him at the gas station.

There's also this phenomenon of electronic devices not working, apparently, since only older vehicles are now running. That, too, is different from the original story.

And several times they have mentioned that there was a similar occurrence in the 1860s, long before there could have been an Arrowhead Project. Is the Arrowhead Project investigating that incident or trying to recreate it? In any case, it is now certain that this is The Mist in name only, and is not truly based on King's story.

Also, that woman that I've been thinking looks a lot like Irene Bedard is actually Irene Bedard. What is Irene Bedard doing playing a supporting character in a low-budget Horror mini series?

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:37 pm

^I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since the Into The West mini-series.
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:21 pm

She doesn't have a ton of credits since then, and a bunch of them are voice work in cartoons. Which is weird, because she's really fantastic. Maybe she likes to focus on theater or something.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:44 pm

New episode tonight! :ghost:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:37 pm

Okay, I can buy a mysterious mist released by a secret military project, I can buy horrific killing monsters lurking in the shadows, I can buy weird insect phenomena, I can buy dead people returning from the grave, and I can buy humanoid smoke creatures that eat little girls-- but I cannot buy a doctor agreeing to talk an amateur through surgery by walkie-talkie. :lol:

And this week's monsters? Leeches dropping from the ceiling. Apparently the mist is a portal to the other dimension of Vietnam. How much do you want to bet that the brother returns as a Mist Ghost?

The most interesting part of the episode was the revelation that the soldier guy is not who he appears to be. Apparently, he beat up the other guy and stole his dog tags-- and then forgot. Why? He must have some connection to the release of the mist, but why that would make him beat up a soldier and suffer from amnesia is anybody's guess.

And, of course, feeling betrayed, the junkie girl has no stolen the car and driven off into the deadly mist. The car that only works because it has no electrical components. So how are the hospital's emergency generators working?

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby jgc » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Now I must watch this! I'll be back later. ;)
Imagine by John Lennon

jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby jgc » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:01 am

Yes, OK, I did go and watch this back when I said I was going to.

I almost turned it off at the leeches. They all really stuck to the brother, but they just seemed to slide right off Kevin, except the two he grabbed off the back of his neck.

I'm wondering why the junkie girl didn't go and confront the fake army guy.

Adrien gets on my nerves. Gratuitous gay sex in the bathroom at the hospital with the football player that tried to start the fight at the party. Come to think of it, that night be something Stephen King would include in a story - just not this one.
Imagine by John Lennon

jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:51 pm

jgc wrote:I almost turned it off at the leeches. They all really stuck to the brother, but they just seemed to slide right off Kevin, except the two he grabbed off the back of his neck.

Hmm, that's true. Was it because of the open wounds, or is it connected to how the black shadowy creature attacked the little girl but left the teenager alone?

I'm wondering why the junkie girl didn't go and confront the fake army guy.

Everybody disappoints her, so she just runs away.

Adrien gets on my nerves. Gratuitous gay sex in the bathroom at the hospital with the football player that tried to start the fight at the party. Come to think of it, that night be something Stephen King would include in a story - just not this one.

They pretty much all get on my nerves. I liked the old lady, but now I'm not so sure. I liked the soldier, but now I'm not so sure. I liked the junkie girl, but now I'm not so sure.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:24 pm

New episode tonight! :panic:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:44 pm

Okay. Well. Now we know why the doctor was so willing to let Kevin perform amateur surgery on his brother. He's mad. MAD, I tell you. Bwahaha.

And what do girls do when they're trapped by a strange supernatural mist and are threatened by humanoid black smoke? They go shopping! And threaten to shoot people in a body part to be determined later.

And then they print out fake military pamphlets on copy machines that have no power to give people false hope, and the mall guy just goes along with them.

And what do choir boys do when they're trapped by a strange supernatural mist and are threatened by butterflies? They drag them up to the church belfry and beat them up. Luckily, old ladies are tougher than they look.

And what do junkie girls do when trapped by a strange supernatural mist? They risk their lives to find their cash stash and visit their dead mothers, and are luckily not attacked by anything in the deadly mist.

And what do amnesiac soldiers do when confronted by the soldier whose identity they stole? They kill them!

What did I miss? Oh, yeah, the mysterious fire. Well, I guess the Gay friend didn't do that. Now I'm not so sure who's innocent and who's guilty anymore. But, given how crazy this bunch is, I'm not sure that it even matters. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby jgc » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:39 pm

Possibly it was the mother of the little girl that was killed that started the fire. That was my thought.

The whole episode was so predictable. Nothing surprised me. Not one thing made me react. And that's a very sad commentary. I could almost feel your disdain coming right out of your post.
Imagine by John Lennon

jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:46 pm

Yeah, unfortunately, I can't really find anything to like about it, and lots to make fun of. I really wanted to like it, because The Mist is my favorite King story.

Good thought about the mother of the girl who was killed. She was there in the background when the mother took the teenager off to cheer her up with shopping. That was pretty insensitive.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:58 pm

New episode tonight. :panic:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:12 pm

Okay, so the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse is about the closest thing we've had to real monsters on this show, except maybe for the butterfly kid. But it's pretty obvious by now that whatever manifests itself out of the Mist comes from inside the characters' heads. This still leaves some unanswered questions, such as what it was that killed the old woman's husband-- was it somebody from the guy's past or just a general fear of hoodlums?-- and why some people see people while some get torn apart by unseen forces (and why would a dog get torn apart?). And what was it in the bookstore? Did that come from the little girl's mind or the teenage girl's mind? So, yeah, lots of unanswered questions.

The interlude with the psycho in the psych ward seemed pretty random. Was it just so that the father could kill somebody and be on par with the mother in the doing-the-hard-thing department? It didn't really work, because he had a decent reason, while she just apparently doesn't like government employees. And the other kid would prefer to stay with the dead body of the psycho rather than move on with his friends? Still having mixed feelings about being Gay, I guess.

And the junkie girl is apparently now cured in around the time it took the father to kill the psycho. And the soldier is having flashbacks to having a word association test while undergoing electro-shock therapy. Is that because he was crazy, or because he was part of some human experiments connected to the Mist?

And the situation with the mall rats continues to deteriorate. They're going to be turning to cannibalism by the end of the season, I suppose.

And I wonder if that priest will come back to haunt the church people.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby jgc » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:09 am

Yup, very mixed feelings. Not only about being gay, but I don't think he sees them as friends - maybe. Although Kevin was more than willing to add him to the group.

So, yeah I watched it. The only interesting thing was the Four Horsemen. Although, I kind of laughed. I thought it was kind of overkill. But maybe the priest might have thought that he deserved no less than that. And Mrs. Raven has a pretty good body for an old hippy!
Imagine by John Lennon

jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:40 pm

jgc wrote:Yup, very mixed feelings. Not only about being gay, but I don't think he sees them as friends - maybe. Although Kevin was more than willing to add him to the group.

Kevin seems pretty clueless about what's going on with most everybody. :lol:

So, yeah I watched it. The only interesting thing was the Four Horsemen. Although, I kind of laughed. I thought it was kind of overkill. But maybe the priest might have thought that he deserved no less than that.

He did say that he takes the Bible literally. :pony:

And Mrs. Raven has a pretty good body for an old hippy!

That naturist lifestyle pays off. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:34 pm

New episode tonight! :pony: :pony: :pony: :pony:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:23 pm

Well, it's a good thing Adrian's family owns a car that they could siphon gas from, because clearly no other person in the entire town owns a car. I don't think this show is actually written. I think they're just making it up as they go along. :lol:

So I was right about Adrian being the rapist, but it was more than I expected. Apparently he is seriously mentally ill and is off his meds. His father, jerk though he is, was probably telling the truth that his mother was afraid of him. And now he has killed his father and tried to kill Kevin-- for which he blamed his father. But so what if he is a mentally ill killer and nasty fibber. This is pretty normal in this neck of the woods.

Because we have the soccer mom who killed a government agent and has now locked up a teenager in solitary confinement after threatening to mutilate him. The mall manager who hides food for himself and killed the crazy woman who was going to tell on him, and blamed a teenage girl for it. An elderly Hippie and a dim-witted cop who locked a bunch of people in a church and then set fire to it, killing them, so that they could go to the mall where the cop will kill his son. A priest, now apparently dead, who sent a teenage boy, also apparently dead, to beat up the old lady. And the amnesiac soldier who killed the guy whose identity he stole.

I'd be rooting for the monsters IF THERE WERE ANY. :dragon:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby jgc » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:31 am

I got to watch about half of it before the video froze. and a message on the screen told me to try again later. :loopy:

So now I have to go back and watch the whole thing, because it sounds like anything of interest happened after the video shut off - of course.
Imagine by John Lennon

jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:44 pm

Interesting. I was having a problem with freeze ups, too, but I figured it was my wireless acting up.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

PreviousNext

Return to Television, Movies, and YouTube