The Check-In Thread #84: Hurricane Edition!

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Re: The Check-In Thread #84: Hurricane Edition!

Postby RJDiogenes » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:12 pm

** No, my actual eye exam is on Halloween, so I'll get new glasses later that week. I think the double vision is definitely related to my blood pressure, because that's getting better, too, after a few days of taking two pills again. This morning, my diastolic was under 100 for the first time since last Friday.
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby scottydog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:25 am

^^ If you're seeing double, is it possibly you've only been taking one pill?

I'm glad the vision is getting better. Have you been withholding this info from your family so as to not worry them? I tend to do that.
scottydog
Patrician
Patrician

Postby Madeliaette » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:30 am

GM.
I hope you have tomorrow off.
nope. a wpork shift can last anything from 20 mins to 2.5 hours - so having three is not that time consuming...
today i have an extra work shift - totalling 4 - so l can go out tonight - she is taking on one of mine tomorrow so i can go out then. i also have the dentist today....
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:37 am

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

We have a play tonight, so I won't be back until late. I hope jgc is feeling better.....

scottydog wrote:^^ If you're seeing double, is it possibly you've only been taking one pill?

Now you've convinced me that I need a live-in nurse. :nurse:

I'm glad the vision is getting better. Have you been withholding this info from your family so as to not worry them? I tend to do that.

Yeah, they have enough to fret over with my Sister's surgery and chemo.

Madeliaette wrote:today i have an extra work shift - totalling 4 - so l can go out tonight - she is taking on one of mine tomorrow so i can go out then. i also have the dentist today....

Good luck at the dentist. :yes:

:tea:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Cayla » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:22 am

RJ, my niece did not accidentally lock herself out. She snuck out. Her father locked the door for the evening, thinking that she was in her room. I'm glad the BP is getting lower and the double vision is going away. My great aunt, once had a change to a different BP med. After a few days, she began seeing faceless people in her house, during the evenings, when the light was dim. She was worried about her mental state, so she told her doctor. Her doctor put her back on the old medication, and the faceless people didn't appear anymore.

Good morning!

I'm going to go to Wellington and Oberlin to grocery shop, and then I will work the church rummage sale until 6pm. During the set up, I scored 3 Wagner cast iron skillets, and a corning ware dish all for $5. I gave two of the skillets to a friend, who is going through a hard time.
Cayla
Senator
Senator

Postby scottydog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:31 am

Happy Friday, all :hello:

Just a few meetings today and lunch with a friend. And paper grading, too :(

Hope y'all have a groovy day B)
scottydog
Patrician
Patrician

Postby Madeliaette » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:49 pm

no dentist.... i got there to be told he was off sick - they'd been trying to ring me - i kinda need more than 35 minutes notice though, as i leave the house an hour before an appt!
half works done - meal is being consumer....rest pof work to go!
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Postby Lupine » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:00 pm

Good morning, gang. :yawn:

Doing laundry, will probably engage in other forms of cleaning activity. Some writing would be nice.

RJDiogenes wrote:We have a play tonight, so I won't be back until late.

Have fun!

Cayla wrote:RJ, my niece did not accidentally lock herself out. She snuck out. Her father locked the door for the evening, thinking that she was in her room. I'm glad the BP is getting lower and the double vision is going away. My great aunt, once had a change to a different BP med. After a few days, she began seeing faceless people in her house, during the evenings, when the light was dim. She was worried about her mental state, so she told her doctor. Her doctor put her back on the old medication, and the faceless people didn't appear anymore.

:wtf: :eek: That's a side-effect I hadn't heard of before. :Ahhh:
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby jgc » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:48 pm

Howdy. :hello:

For the last couple of days, I've just been doing chores. A little here, a little there. Someday I might even catch up on them.

Yesterday, I was reading some fan fiction. While the story concept was good, my inner Grammar Nazi was released, and I couldn't finish the story. I didn't even know I had an inner Grammar Nazi! :eek: I wish someone could make it go away.

So, it looks like tomorrow, I need to go to the grocery store. Running low on a number of things.

Hope everything has been going well for folks. :thumbsup:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby scottydog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:49 am

^^ I know this is hard to believe but I'm running low on chocolate. It's not quite an emergency, but it's getting uncomfortably close to one.

I hope RJ enjoyed his play.

And Cayla, I suspect RJ would say that the faceless people drug side-effect is a good premise for a short horror story. :cauldron:

Maddy, I hope the dentist gives you a clean bill of dental health :D
scottydog
Patrician
Patrician

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:38 am

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I am home from the play and ready for bed. My Sister is doing well with her chemo, but it's ruining her sense of taste. :(

Cayla wrote:RJ, my niece did not accidentally lock herself out. She snuck out. Her father locked the door for the evening, thinking that she was in her room.

Well, at least she didn't sneak out to see a boy or something. The first time I snuck out of the house at night was when I was 13, and it was to meet a girl. :lol:

I'm glad the BP is getting lower and the double vision is going away. My great aunt, once had a change to a different BP med. After a few days, she began seeing faceless people in her house, during the evenings, when the light was dim. She was worried about her mental state, so she told her doctor. Her doctor put her back on the old medication, and the faceless people didn't appear anymore.

Whoa, that's a freaky side effect. :unsure:

Madeliaette wrote:no dentist.... i got there to be told he was off sick - they'd been trying to ring me - i kinda need more than 35 minutes notice though, as i leave the house an hour before an appt!

Bummer. That was a wasted trip. :no:

Lupine wrote:Have fun!

It was great. It was the story of Lizzie Borden. :D

jgc wrote:Yesterday, I was reading some fan fiction.

What kind of fan fiction?

While the story concept was good, my inner Grammar Nazi was released, and I couldn't finish the story. I didn't even know I had an inner Grammar Nazi! :eek: I wish someone could make it go away.

You should read our stuff in the Writing Forum. We're pretty good at grammar. :quill: :lol:

scottydog wrote:I hope RJ enjoyed his play.

Nothing like kicking back to a couple of axe murders. :yes:

And Cayla, I suspect RJ would say that the faceless people drug side-effect is a good premise for a short horror story. :cauldron:

Indeed, especially since my Mother collects faceless figurines. In fact, I think I've already written on that subject.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Madeliaette » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:11 am

GM. ahead, coffee with the gals and a trip out...
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:20 am

And it's back to my Mother's house for breakfast....

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby scottydog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:54 am

Happy Saturday, everyone. :hello:

RJDiogenes wrote: My Sister is doing well with her chemo, but it's ruining her sense of taste. :(

Oh no. :( A friend of mine who loves wine got cancer and underwent radiation treatment -- it ruined his ability to enjoy red wine. :no:

The highlight today for me will be ballroom dancing with The Wife tonight :dancer: :bounce:
scottydog
Patrician
Patrician

Postby Cayla » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:36 am

The loss of the sense of taste is a common side effect from chemo. It will return, once she is done with the treatment. RJ, I'm afraid in about 3 years, that my niece will be sneaking out of the house for the same reason as you did. :lol: I at least didn't start sneaking out of the house until I was 16.

Good morning!

Last day of the rummage sale. Today it is only from 9-1, but then I have to help pack everything we didn't sell. This afternoon, Ron and I are going to put some of the yard stuff away, and start on hauling wood home to stack on the porch.
Cayla
Senator
Senator

Postby Lupine » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:49 pm

Good morning, all. :coffee:

Off to a couple of yard sales today. Little else happening.

RJDiogenes wrote:I am home from the play and ready for bed. My Sister is doing well with her chemo, but it's ruining her sense of taste. :(

Like Cayla said it will probably return.
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:37 pm

Good afternoon, everyone. :hello:

There's more activity going on at the weird construction site on the way to my Mother's house. They paved a small part of it and put up long mound of dirt and a pile of rocks. I'll post a picture later.

scottydog wrote:Oh no. :( A friend of mine who loves wine got cancer and underwent radiation treatment -- it ruined his ability to enjoy red wine. :no:

I don't know if radiation is the same, but she says everything tastes like metal. That would definitely be a hard thing for me to endure.

Cayla wrote:The loss of the sense of taste is a common side effect from chemo. It will return, once she is done with the treatment.

That's true, and she's feeling very good otherwise. Last night, I wanted to show her some old Ed Sullivan episodes that I saved on my Mother's DVR, with the Stones and Janis Joplin and the Beach Boys and the Doors, and all she wanted to do was watch Jim Morrison over and over. He's "a fine specimen." :lol: So, pretty much back to her old self.

RJ, I'm afraid in about 3 years, that my niece will be sneaking out of the house for the same reason as you did. :lol: I at least didn't start sneaking out of the house until I was 16.

Maybe you should implant a chip in her. :lol:

Lupine wrote:Like Cayla said it will probably return.

They did say that, but the treatment will last through Thanksgiving and Christmas. :(

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:06 pm

^Pity.

The yard sale was OK and we ended up at some kind of "Harvest Session Festival" which was small and mostly tie-dyes and marijuana :lol: .
Lupine
Consul
Consul

Postby jgc » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:09 am

Hello :hello:

Well, I did not get to the grocery store today. Shocker, I know. But have been working on a grocery list. My vertigo was acting way up today, and I didn't feel like it would be safe to drive or walk around the store. But, it seems I'm feeling better now. Hope it carries over until tomorrow.

So, I don't know if the people downstairs are home or not, but some little kid wanted to visit someone who lives down there, and was pounding on the door with the side of his fist. Then he want around knocking on the outside walls. Finally, some adult came around and gave the kid a serious talking to and all that noise has stopped. Egad. I miss my house. Not the mortgage payment, mind you, but living there.

Hope you all have a nice night! :thumbsup:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby Madeliaette » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:13 am

GM. all went to ,plan yesterday - grabbed a book, had coffee with L&B, took the 700 to Arundel/Rustington, ate/computed and disappeared into a bok....a heavy mist churned in on the last hour of my trip out - thought it was a cloud/rain at first, but no, just mist.
today - double b duty and a plot trot
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:29 am

It feels like my long weekend is evaporating quickly....

Lupine wrote:The yard sale was OK and we ended up at some kind of "Harvest Session Festival" which was small and mostly tie-dyes and marijuana :lol: .

Groovy, man. :loopy:

jgc wrote:Well, I did not get to the grocery store today. Shocker, I know. But have been working on a grocery list. My vertigo was acting way up today, and I didn't feel like it would be safe to drive or walk around the store. But, it seems I'm feeling better now. Hope it carries over until tomorrow.

Yikes. How often does that happen? Do you have any medicine you can take for it?

So, I don't know if the people downstairs are home or not, but some little kid wanted to visit someone who lives down there, and was pounding on the door with the side of his fist. Then he want around knocking on the outside walls. Finally, some adult came around and gave the kid a serious talking to and all that noise has stopped. Egad. I miss my house. Not the mortgage payment, mind you, but living there.

I don't blame you. That sounds like a noisy place. :(

Madeliaette wrote:GM. all went to ,plan yesterday - grabbed a book, had coffee with L&B, took the 700 to Arundel/Rustington, ate/computed and disappeared into a bok....a heavy mist churned in on the last hour of my trip out - thought it was a cloud/rain at first, but no, just mist.

That sounds like a pleasant day. What book did you get?

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby scottydog » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:05 am

Happy Sunday, all :hello:

We're having several members of The Wife's family over for an early supper, so after church I need to clean the bathrooms and vacuum :vacuum:

Then after supper I might sneak over to the theater and see the new movie about Thurgood Marshall's heroism. :peekaboo:

Hope y'all have a groovy day :yes:
scottydog
Patrician
Patrician

Postby Cayla » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:03 pm

Good morning! :yawn:

I am too tired to go to church this morning. It doesn't help that I overslept, too. :yawn:

I worked the rummage sale until 2pm. We had most everything packed up and put away by then. Afterwards, I put away the patio furniture, and move the porch furniture onto the patio. We hauled and stacked two out 6 loads of the wood that my husband has at his office. Today, Ron is going to try to get a load or two from what he had cut at his uncle's place. As of now, we have enough wood stacked to last until Christmas. I then put away all of the outdoor lights, and most of the garden ornaments. My yard is looking sad. :(

Last night, we went out with our friend, who had the house fire, and his new girlfriend. We went to a haunted house and hayride. Afterwards, we stopped for a light meal and pie. I didn't get home until midnight. According to my Fit Bit, I did around 20,000 steps. My legs are killing me today.

Today, I have my husband's cousin's bridal shower. It's right in the middle of my day, so it will be hard to get anything done at home.
Cayla
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:58 pm

^^ How is your friend holding up? Where is he staying?

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby Lupine » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:01 pm

:yawn: Another day.

Hope to get some writing in. If it's cool enough there's a pond that needs working on.
Lupine
Consul
Consul

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous