Automatic Log-in

Your opinion is important to us. Please continue to hold. Just kidding: Post your brainstorms here.

Moderator: Sean

Automatic Log-in

Postby scottydog » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:25 pm

Strangely, this is the only site where I have to log-in manually every time I visit. Checking the box marked "Log in automatically" doesn't work for me. Does anyone have any theories?
scottydog
Senator
Senator

Re: Automatic Log-in

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:23 am

scottydog wrote:Strangely, this is the only site where I have to log-in manually every time I visit. Checking the box marked "Log in automatically" doesn't work for me. Does anyone have any theories?

What browser do you use? You might have to tell your system specifically to allow cookies from http://www.nusseymagazine.com. In Firefox, you can do that under Tools, Options, Privacy, Cookies, Exceptions. For IE, go to Control Panel, then Internet Options, then Privacy, Sites. Just enter enter the URL and click Allow.

If that doesn't do the trick, I'm not sure....
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby scottydog » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:51 am

Hmmm. I tried your suggestion, with no luck. Could it be that the website that needs to be 'allowed' at log-in is not just nusseymagazine.com, but nusseymagazine.com followed by a slash and tons of other characters?

It's really not a huge deal. I can live with it. It just takes an extra 5-7 seconds to get here by logging in manually.
scottydog
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:14 am

Well, you can try putting in http://www.nusseymagazine.com/phpBB3Next/ but it will probably just shorten it automatically. I don't think it's because your security settings are too high, because that would effect other sites. I have to give it some more thought.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby scottydog » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:32 am

Yes, it did shorten it automatically. Very strange that your idea isn't working. The settings are set to accept all 3rd party cookies. And I can auto-log-in into all my other sites, except this one.

It's no big deal, RJ. I do thank you for trying!
scottydog
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:44 am

No problem. It's an interesting problem. It's hard for me to experiment, because this computer has security settings so high that I can't auto-log-in anywhere (my Cousin uses it for his business). I have another idea, though. Under Control Panel, Internet Settings, Security, you can enter a list of "Trusted Sites." Putting the nusseymagazine address in there might do the trick.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby jgc » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:25 am

Well, I did have that problem at one time. Unfortunately, scotty, I have no idea what I did to fix it. Sorry. :(
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Postby scottydog » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:04 am

jgc wrote:Well, I did have that problem at one time. Unfortunately, scotty, I have no idea what I did to fix it. Sorry. :(

:veryhappy: :lol: jgc, you're just like that person who says, "I have a secret but I'm not telling!" You tease you. ;)
scottydog
Senator
Senator

Postby scottydog » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:16 am

RJDiogenes wrote: I have another idea, though. Under Control Panel, Internet Settings, Security, you can enter a list of "Trusted Sites." Putting the nusseymagazine address in there might do the trick.

I use a Mac, so I can't follow these exact steps. I've gone into the equivalent of the Mac control panel, but I don't see any place to enter trusted sites. There's a tech person at work I'm going to meet with on Monday. I vow to get to the bottom of this mystery ** pounds fist vigorously on table ** :lol:

Thanks again, RJ. Here I am complaining about not having auto log-in on this site only, and you don't have it on any site. Yikes, you have some good patience! That's a quality I hope to some day acquire.
scottydog
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Actually, it's kind of funny because I've clicked "Remember me" in Firefox for all my log-in sites, so even though I don't get logged in automatically the Username and Password fields auto-populate-- so all I have to do is click "Okay." :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby scottydog » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:33 pm

^Whew! That's very good. Thanks again. :)
scottydog
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:47 pm

You're welcome. I tried looking around the phpBB Forum a little bit and didn't find anything useful.

Just out of curiosity, do you have this address Bookmarked? http://www.nusseymagazine.com/phpBB3Next/

I know some people have had various problems with the Board by getting in through other means, such as Google search or having other addresses Bookmarked. If you don't use that specific address, try using it and Bookmarking it and see if that makes any difference.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Postby scottydog » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:39 am

Whoa!!! That's it!! You did it!! I deleted my old bookmark and will use this one from now on.

In case you're curious, this was the bookmark I was using that didn't allow me to auto-log-in --> http://nusseymagazine.com/phpBB3Next/in ... 877885f4c4

Don't ask me where I got that URL; I have no idea. The important thing is, you solved the problem. Thank you so much, RJ. Once again, I owe you. :)
scottydog
Senator
Senator

Postby RJDiogenes » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:01 am

Ah, excellent. We never did figure out why any other address sometimes results in problems (other people sometimes get SQL errors), but I'm glad it's working for you. :yes:

There's really no obvious reason why the link you had been using should cause the problem, but from what I was reading at phpBB Forum I'm beginning to suspect it might have something to do with the way folders are assigned on the server. Since Lupy found that the old pre-Apocalypse Board still exists and is still accessible, I think there might be some conflict if the address used is not very specific.

RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Return to Questions, Suggestions & Feedback