Some cleanup, new fora

General announcements.

Moderator: Renie

Some cleanup, new fora

Postby Renie » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi all! I just wanted to announce that I've taken some time to do some general cleanup of the board, and have created a couple new fora.

The cleanup: The Post-Apocalypsia and Nusseymagazine fora have been moved to a new forum called "Archives" (at the bottom of the page). Since I'd never just delete anything --- still traumatized from the great crash of '08 --- I figured the Archives forum was the way to go. All the fora in archives will be closed, it's just a resting place for old stuff, really.

Also, I've created the "Contests" subforum in the "To Write" forum. I was hoping that we could powow in a new thread there about how to set up contests for short fiction, poetry, and short essays. It would be nice to advertise these in other places---I could create a Facebook page for the contests, and we could create small banners to wear on other messageboards, and so forth. I think we could really make these fairly robust, though it will take a little work to get there. Considering we have so many writers on this board, it seems like a natural direction for us to go in. And I miss our old contests! lol

Let me know what you think. Also, if you have any other suggestions for some maintenance/cleanup, or some new things to be added, let me know! :thumbsup:
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Re: Some cleanup, new fora

Postby Sean » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:17 pm

I've started a thread in QSF here to keep track of any suggestions and feedback and to keep the clutter out of this announcement thread.
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Postby Renie » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:51 am

Just changed the "Messageboards" forum to "Blogs, BBs, & Social Media." Moved the "Blogging" thread from Writing -> Nonfiction into the new forum.
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Postby RJDiogenes » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:15 pm

For some reason, the "New Post" button on this Thread will not go away. :lol:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Imperator
Imperator

Return to Announcements